Monday, March 2, 2009

Week Six/Seven

Me and Serena at the Milly fashion show
Me and MK at Clinton St. Baking Co.
for our delicious brunch!


Ah! I'm so behind! Ok, well to avoid feeling overwhelmed with how much updating I have to do I will revert to the bullet-point system....

Here's an overview of some highlights from the past two weeks:

*Going to the Tory Burch and Milly fashion shows with Rachel and Serena! This was such an amazing experience for me and I was so fascinated with the grandeur of everything- who would have known there was such a thing as a recession going on? 
*Having breakfast with Jessie at Cafe Habana, a fun and delicious Cuban cafe in the East Village! She is so encouraging and full of life!
*Grabbing coffee with Kyla and taking it to Central Park. We had such a delightful time and great conversation.  We also had some interesting people/tourists stop and talk to us...one of them being an Australian who, after making small-talk with us for about 20 mins. proceeded to ask us if we knew of any good clubs.....you're asking the wrong girls! :)
*After my big test in Foundations on Friday, me and Kyla had a relaxing night. We went to Amy's Bread in the West Village for dinner and then saved room for some delicious frozen yogurt at Yogurtland!  Afterwards, we went back to Herald Towers and I hung out in Laura and Katie's room for a while. We played scrabble for a while and then watched Serendipity- such a great chick flick, especially for being in New York! 
*Last Saturday I slept in, met some girls at a coffee shop in the Lower East Side to study for our Old Testament test, got some coffee at Joe's (amazing!), and then met Kyla and two of her roommates at Alice's Tea Cup to get a scone and take it to the nearest Starbucks to do some more studying....or at least attempt to. I'm not really a "scone girl", however the scones at Alice's are soo good. The pumpkin and pb&banana are my favorites! 
*Going to the 10:30 Redeemer service and meeting Jessie and Jen there. I introduced the two of them and then we all had brunch at Le Pain afterwards. Me and Jen found a coffee shop on the Upper East Side called Gotham Coffee House and studied there the rest of the afternoon.
*Getting to go to the Regis & Kelly show with Katie! She had one extra ticket and thought I would appreciate it, with only being here a semester, so she asked me to go with her to the Friday show. Anderson Cooper was actually filling in for Regis, but it was just fun to get to see the studio and be there for the live taping!
*Taking Serena and her two friends to see the Jonas Brothers 3D movie on opening night....
*Meeting up with Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis for coffee on Saturday. I had no idea they were in the city for the weekend and so when they called Saturday morning to see if they could take me to lunch or coffee it was so spontaneous! They are both so encouraging and it is always wonderful to see familiar faces that know me and my family! 
*Going to dinner with another boy Rachel set me up with named Peter. We went and got sushi and then met up with one of his friends who goes to school here. I had a very nice time!
*Having brunch with MK Vigness on Sunday. We went all the way down to Clinton St. and had to wait 2 hours for this restaurant, but it was absolutely worth it- the food was amazing! While we waited we took some fun pictures and I took her to Sugar Sweet Sunshine for coffee and a cupcake! :) 
*Dinner with the Terrell family after the 6 p.m. Redeemer service. They are such a great family and Missy made a wonderful dinner.  Since they live on Roosevelt Island, I got to take a tram which took me over the 59th street bridge and I got a great view of the city! 

Today was a snow day! Serena's school was cancelled so we hung out and then I decided to go on a walk through Central Park. It was beautiful and great to see all the kids out sledding and having fun in the snow! 

My mom and sister will be here in 12 days for Spring Break and I can't wait to take them to some fun places and just get to experience New York with both of them! I can't believe I have almost been here for 2 months- crazy! I'm still loving every day, though, and so thankful for all that God has blessed me with here! He is good. :)

No comments: